VISITATION, HABITATION, DEMONSTRATION
Don’t Miss Your Moment
Opening Scripture:Mk 16:15-16 “And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.”
1. God has called us to be “fishers of men” and to become intentional in our outreach to others. Remember, heaven and hell are real, and we are still alive because God wants to use us to take others with us.
Matt 28:18-20 NKJV “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, evento the end of the age. Amen.”
“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped around their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.” – Charles Spurgeon
“Any church that is not seriously involved in world evangelization has forfeited its biblical right to exist. Any Christian who just flat does not care whether or not people crash into eternity without God does violence to the heart of the gospel and the heart of Jesus. Such a Christian is a walking paradox, no matter how orthodox his or her theology may be.
“When you leave the plains of mediocrity known as “the balanced life,” you begin to scale the heights and breathe the rarified air that invigorates faith, hope, and love. Love is the mainspring of all effective ministry and the source from which all missions passion flows. God is ready and willing to give you a fresh baptism of compassion. He wants to perform ‘eye surgery’ so you can see once again with clarity, sharpness, and focus. Are you willing for this surgery?” — David Shibley in THE MISSIONS ADDICTION
2. God visits us to prepare of for what is next. Don’t miss your season of visitation, implanting, and impartation, or the field of your future will not be ready to produce the harvest God has for you.
Job 10:12 KJV “Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.”
Lk 19:43- 45 “For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, 44 and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”
1 Pet 2:11-13 NKJV “Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.”
3. “Relaunch” is God’s visitation for Rejoice Church, and for you personally. But Relaunch is not an event, it is the cultivation of a field God wants to plant his destiny in, so that it He can come down and inhabit us with a fruitful future that glorifies Him.
Ex 15:13 NKJV “You in Your mercy have led forth The people whom You have redeemed; You have guided them in Your strength To Your holy habitation.”
Ps 26:8 NKJV “Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house, And the place where Your glory dwells.”
Ps 22:3 KJV “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.”
4. God’s visitation leads to habitation, and habitation leads to demonstration. Any atmosphere you sustain becomes the “culture” you demonstrate. If you sustain mediocrity, you will create a culture of mediocrity, and this is what you will demonstrate to others. But if you sustain the habitation of God in your life and habits, you will create a culture of God’s presence that demonstrates Him to others.
1 Cor 2:4-5 NKJV “And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”
5. Don’t miss your moment, your season of visitation, so you can receive God’s habitation, and become a vessel of demonstration.
1 Chron 12:32 NKJV “…of the sons of Issachar who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, their chiefs were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their command;”
Don’t miss your moment.
Moses and burning bush
Abraham and Isaac
David and Goliath
Jesus and wedding at Cana
There’s just lots of times you work hard for something and then nothing happens. That wasn’t your moment.
David worked hard tending his father’s sheep and killing the lion and the bear, but that wasn’t his moment, that was preparation for his moment.
When his moment came he was ready, and his destiny to become king of Israel began.
Relaunch is God’s moment for Rejoice, and it could be a special moment for you as well.