THE VALLEY IS NOT YOUR DESTINATION
Pastor Tom Schumacher
Ezekiel 37:1-3 NKJV “The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” So I answered, “O Lord God, You know.”
- Although Ezekiel’s vision applied to the children of Israel…we can apply the principle of this vision to us today.
Right information leads to the right destination.
- Valleys are not destinations.
Psalms 23:4 NKJV “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
Proverbs 4:25-26 NKJV “Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you. 26 Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established.”
- Jesus told His followers to pick up the Cross…crucify the flesh, deny yourselves, govern your soul.
Luke 9:23 NKJV “Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.”
- The bones in the valley are dry because they are meant to be connected to the body.
- Just as the Prophet was sent to the valley…God will send His voice to the valley of your life.
- God has a message for your valley and breath for your bones.
- When God speaks (Genesis 1:2), light order, and design come into being.
Ezekiel 37:11 NKJV “Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’”
- God’s truth will bring water to the bones, hope where there is no hope, meaning to your design.
- God has a message that you may live again. God has put a message in YOU that others may hear and see and live again.